Friday, January 4, 2008

Juno

So, my New Year's Resolution was to create a blog. I believe this qualifies. I'd like to make my first post about the film Juno, which I just watched tonight with some good friends. It is a heartfelt, well written film with deft wit. I was thoroughly impressed and give it my highest recommendation. I truly believe that it was the finest film of 2007.

I'd also like to say how pleased I am to see Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama take the Iowa caucuses... if the 2008 Presidential race is between them, I will be sure to follow it especially closely.

I also picked up The Complete Collector's Edition of Blade Runner recently. This is probably the best science fiction film ever made, and competes admirably with The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the title of best cult classic of all time. I purchased the 5 disc set on Blu-ray and I could not be more impressed. The video transfer is extraordinary and makes the film look like it was finished just a year ago. The audio is brilliant as well providing a truly cinematic experience. The special features make the special feature set off of every other DVD in existence pale in comparison. With 2 full discs of bonus features including one mammoth 3 hour + documentary, any Blade Runner fan will not be disappointed.

Blu3

4 comments:

meg22590 said...

Hi. I completly agree with your review of Juno. I saw it today with a friend and we loved it.

perfectblu3 said...

Hey, thanks for posting!

It was a superb film. I kind of want to buy the soundtrack...

luckys said...

Mobile telephony, push email, internet faxing and web browsing are the highlights of the new features of these gadgets.
vumoo

Rangextd said...

rangextd reviews. Thanks for this such an excellent post! Keep up!