Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Barack Obama Visits Madison

I freely admit that I am Conservative Republican, but that does not mean that I'm unwilling to participate in the Democratic process. I believe that being a responsible citizen involves making an informed decision based on the best information available at the time. With that in mind, I attended the rally for Barack Obama with about 17,000 other people at the Kohl Center. Although Mr. Obama can be credited with being an outstanding speaker and a rather charming public figure, his points ranged from poignant political commentary to idle fluff. As a Conservative, I am bound to disagree with many pieces of his platform, but I found much to like about Mr. Obama's proposals. I believe that with his momentum (8 victories in a row), he will be the next President of The United States, and that alone was good enough reason to attend this event. This is as close as I am ever going to get to our nation's next President.

Here are some photos straight from the floor of the packed Kohl Center:

Waiting in line to get onto the floor with about 2000 other people.

Already been waiting in line for about 90 minutes.

The security: metal detectors followed by mandatory wand-over and bomb dog sniff down.

The press stage. Lots of expensive cameras.

Oh yeah, we were totally right next to CNN.

Lots of excited people. I kind of felt like a rock star when the crowd started cheering.

Jumbo-Bama.

The man himself. He's talking about an old gentleman who lost his pension.

So there you have it. I actually attended a historic event.

w00t.

Blu3

No comments: